Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Daddy and me, July 2010




I haven't been able to celebrate father's day with my dad in the last few years. His birthday is only a a few days before so I haven't been able to be with him then either. This year in particular I really miss him, I miss being able to spend "special" days with him. I'm in that transition period...starting my life post-college, being financially on my own, but still wanting to be daddy's girl. I thing (and hope) that I will always be daddy's little girl so that's why I think today has been particularly hard.
Sometimes I feel he doesn't know how much I love him, how much I worry about him, how much I care for him and want all the best for him...One of my life goals in life is be able to eventually buy him a car, not just any car, a Porsche. Also, take him and my mom to watch Roland Garros. It might sound completely materialistic, but I remember being very young and promising that one day when I was older I was gonna be able to give him those things. It's silly, but its something that I really want to be able to accomplish, to show him and thank him for everything he has done for me, for loving me unconditionally, for all the bad times and the good..for raising me to be who I am, stubborn, explosive, silent, but caring and giving, just and strong. Dad, I love you and wish with all my heart I could be with you on these silly days, but honestly to me any day with you is fathers day so hopefully I'll be seeing you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment